Sunday, September 24, 2017

One month!! Thankful!!

It is 8/8/14. We opened our doors 7/7/14, so that means we have one month under our belt!!  Woohoo!  We did it/are doing it!  Things are coming along very well.   We have helped almost three hundred ladies with their urological issues so far and have registered almost 400 into our system for appointments.  We've started doing surgery through the new practice: some bladder repairs and a few stones. And our pelvic floor program is in full swing.  We have been busy!

I truly feel blessed.   This is the realization of a dream that I have had for many years: to have a urology clinic for women and to have my own practice.  It is so fulfilling.  Everything is the way that I have envisioned it:  a beautiful, calm, clean office where patients can feel assured that they will be treated gently and professionally.  My staff is amazing.  They have put their heart and soul into this start-up and they truly see this as a mission to help women and not just another job.   I am so proud of them.  And, we have a lot of fun together!

There are of course, moments of doubt.  These are brief moments, but a frustration will occur and I will think, "what have I done?!?"  Gulp.  But in those times, I stop and think, "Christi, remember who is in ultimately in control here.   Who has orchestrated everything to make this happen?  Who has paved the way, given you the desire to be a doctor since you were three years old, opened up and closed the right doors along the way?  God has got you, and He has your practice, too.  The whole thing is squarely in His strong hands.  Rest.  Don't worry.  This is His practice."  He gives me a strong peace and courage to continue forward.  It's all going to be good.

So, I am incredibly blessed and thankful and peaceful about this adventure.  Life is too short not to make big moves and walk by faith!  If I weren't a Christian, I would be a wreck, I think.   But knowing that God has already paved the way and having His peace, I can relax.  I can just lean on Him and go step by step.   He has placed me here at this time, and my job is to trust Him and share the love of Christ through urology!

 

 

The following post One month!! Thankful!! Read more on: www.houstonfemaleurology.com

No comments:

Post a Comment