Friday, September 22, 2017

Looking Back at 2015

Untitled design (42)

As 2015 draws to a close, I can’t help but look back on this year and think about how far Houston Female Urology has come since we first opened in July 2014. This year we celebrated our one-year anniversary. That’s one year in the books as the only urology practice in Texas that exclusively serves women. This is something that makes my team so proud. It’s an honor to help our patients get their lives back and say goodbye to urological issues every day.

This year we also added the MonaLisa Touch laser - a leading edge treatment that resolves gynecologic health issues often caused by menopause. I offer this as an in-office procedure that is virtually painless and requires no anesthesia. I am excited to be one of the first physicians in Houston to offering this treatment to help postmenopausal women and breast cancer survivors. (We are also thrilled that the Houston Chronicle covered our story!)

I love interacting with my patients. One way I did this in 2015 was through free seminars. My team organized two amazing events where our patients (and their friends!) were able to gather and learn more about urological issues and treatment options. We had drinks, snacks, door prizes – the events were so successful that I’m already planning more free events for 2016!

Giving back is something that is really important to my practice. This year we gave new athletic clothing wear and monetary donations to Houston Area Women’s Center. We prayed that these donations would bless the women who receive them as they break free from domestic abuse and start a new life.

So as the year winds down and Christmas approaches, I pray for real joy and peace for the whole world. So much heartache has happened in 2015, and it reminds me of the poignant lyrics of the Christmas song, Oh Holy Night – “A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices.” Take time to rest and not get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the season. This is a time for joy - God reached down to touch mankind.

Enjoy your fresh start to a new year, and come see me in 2016! I can’t wait to continue providing the same great care to my patients.

Dr. P

The post Looking Back at 2015 is available on Mona Lisa Touch Procedures Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment